Dashi (Japanese soup stock) Recipe
- -1.8 L water
- -30g kelp
- -35g flaked bonito
- -1. Put kelp in a pot, and boil at around 70°C for 10 -15 min.
- -2. Turn off the heat. Remove kelp, and put flaked bonito in all at once.
- -3. Let stand for a while. Strain before bonito has completely submerged.
Omisoshiru (Miso soup)
- -80g snap peas
- -40g corned beef
- -90g Saikyo Shiromiso (white miso)
- -600ml dashi (Japanese soup stock)
- -dash of black pepper
- -1. Remove strings from snap peas, and cut in thirds.
- -2. Put corn beef and snap peas in a pot and sauté. Add dashi and boil until snap peas become soft.
- -3. Stir Saikyo Shiromiso in with corned beef and snap peas, and boil.
- -4. Serve in a soup bowl and season with course black pepper.